In order to develop and deliver all the proposed training programmes and maximise the impact of the NBIA nationally, a new training facility is planned as an extension to the existing Nightingale Centre. A full business case for the training centre and strategy to raise capital funding is being developed.
The new building will provide:
- Dedicated space and facilities to deliver outstanding multidisciplinary training in a clinical environment
- Seminar rooms and PACS workstations enabling training to be delivered in line with other radiology academies across the country
- Adequately resourced and funded multidisciplinary trainers to provide high-quality training
- Cost-effective training as resources will be shared across multidisciplinary groups
- Innovative e-learning resources for shared use in breast training units across the country