Roundthorn Industrial Estate
Starts: Tue 11 Oct 2022
Ends: Wed 12 Oct 2022
This course aims to provide clinical development and communication skills required for clinicians working within a clinical breast environment, enabling delegates to develop specific knowledge base and skills set in clinical breast examination. As part of this course the delegates will learn breast examination theoretical and practical skills, the importance of good communication, how to take effective clinical history and gain a knowledge on breast pathologies and different referral pathways.
This course will commence with two days theoretical and practical training in Manchester, followed by 6 month in-house training at your local breast unit. As part of registering for this course you must seek and confirm access to your local breast unit or confirm you will gain enough exposure to breast patients in your area of work.
- Permission to undertake clinical breast examination at your local breast unit to enable access to practice.
- UK Registration (NMC, GMC, HCPC)
- Have a basic understanding of breast anatomy and physiology
- Learning how to take a relevant clinical history within the breast clinic
- Have an overview of benign and malignant breast pathologies
- Learn the theory behind breast examination techniques and practice case based breast examinations
- Feel confident in communicating with highly anxious patients and having difficult conversations
- Welcome, Introduction & housekeeping
- Breast anatomy, physiology & breast symptoms
- History taking
- Referral pathways & breast examination theory
- Breast pathology
- What’s expected - portfolio, assessment and assignments
- Communications Training (Maguire Communication Skills Training delivered by the School of Oncology at the Christie NHS foundation Trust)
- Breast examination - practical
To register your interest please contact email@example.com